Friday, July 24, 2009

Excuse me as I kiss the sky,...

It seems as if two hip hop legends are back with a new album that in my opinion will bring them back from the black. Yes, Redman and Method Man are back at it again with a classic track Mrs. International that was released on their new album The Blackout II which hit stores back in May. This song is very smooth and original. The lyrics though are as thorough as they ever were. If I had to pick a song to represent my blog, this song would be it. Meth opens up the song by saying "Dedicated to all the beautiful people in the house", you know who you are." In true fashion the single is loaded with metaphors that personify the duo's original style. For example, the chorus line I like the most is:
Mrs. International...
Hey, I like a girl that's thick in the waist you know,
The kinda girl that'd finish her plate you know?
You're not greedy,
You're international

My wife likes this verse:
[Redman:]
Yo, Hey(Hey) miss lady, my Boriqua,
I heard your apple pomme like bonita,
Your accent tellin' me you from the east side
Take off your shoes, you're bout five feet highhh!
I get highh! what about you?
A jungle brotha, and baby I'll house you.
Your feet lookin real good in them house shoes.
You're not a groupie, you're international.

This takes the mood Method Man's Your All I Need featuring Mary J. Blige. I haven't purchased the album yet, but this is going definitely going into my iPod ASAP.. If you have any reviews to share, send them my way!! Check out the link below to catch the video. Dream big and stay beautiful..


http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=50457

1 comment:

  1. This song cracks me up! I love Redman and Meth.

    ReplyDelete